Hope everyone’s summer is going well! Below is a list of upcoming band events to mark on your calendars. If you have any questions about any of them, send an email my way: email@example.com
Remaining Summer Music Rehearsals
- Thursday, July 20th @ Sunset MS, 10am – 11:30am, leadership training 12:30pm – 2:30pm
- Thursday, July 27th @ Sunset MS, 10am – 11:30am, leadership training 12:30pm – 2:30pm
Boulder County Fair Parade (optional, combined with SCHS, EHS, MHS, LyHS, and SHS)
- Parade Practice – Friday, July 28th @ Silver Creek HS, 9am – 11am BRING WATER & SUNSCREEN!
- Parade – Line-up East Side of Roosevelt Park, downtown Longmont at 9:20am, Step – off at 10am, done by 11am
- We will again be playing Magnificent Seven – section leaders have been emailed parts to distribute
Also on Friday, July 28th @ SCHS – we are lucky to welcome nationally recognized band leadership guru Duane Huff (check out his website here) to work with all the members of both the Niwot HS and SCHS bands. He will help us understand how to work together to get the most out of ourselves, each other, and the marching band experience. He is awesome and you will have a great time!
Where – Silver Creek High School
When – Noon – 6pm (dinner will be provided)
Who – all members of NHS and SCHS Bands
NHS Band Camp
Tuesday, Aug .1st – Wednesday, Aug. 9th from 8:30am – 3:30pm, weekend excluded.
* Tuesday, Aug. 1st is ONLY for new members and Leadership Team
** Band Camp BBQ will be on Wednesday, Aug. 9th from 4:30pm – 7pm at the Clark Family residence. More info to come!
NHS Cougar Marching Band – Summer Rehearsal Schedule
* All rehearsals will be at Sunset Middle School
(due to summer construction on the roof of NHS)
** Rehearsals are to learn music for pep band and our marching show tunes.
***Rehearsals are optional, but highly encouraged. The goal is to have your show music memorized before the start of band camp.
Friday, June 30th (10:00am – 11:30am)
Thursday, July 6th (10:00am – 11:30am)
Thursday, July 13th (10:00am – 11:30am)
Thursday, July 20th (10:00am – 11:30am)
Thursday, July 27th (10:00am – 11:30am)
SAVE THE DATE!
Marching Band Camp 2017 for all students enrolled in Marching/Concert Band for Fall Semester.
* Tuesday, Aug. 1st – Wednesday, Aug. 9th from 8:30am – 3:30pm @ NHS (weekend excluded)
*First day is for New Members and Leadership Team ONLY
Join the NHS Jazz Bands (w/ special guest David Sparr, piano) and the NHS Symphonic Band (w/ guest conductor Gus Brockmann) this Wednesday, March 1st at 7pm in the NHS Auditorium for a spectacular March concert.
Report times for Symphonic Band students is 5:15pm and for 6:!5pm for Jazz band students.
Congratulations to the following students for participating in the Combined League Honor Band this past Monday, Jan. 9th. NHS had:
- the 2nd most representatives of any school in attendance
- the top auditioned players in the clarinet, trumpet, and French horn sections
- the top three (3) seats in the horn section
Well done, everyone – you make NHS proud!
Genevieve Frye, Morgan Chen, Sam Beaudry, Sreeya Kairamkonda, Caleb Carter, Sam Turner, Monica Lehman, Rachel Clark, Luke Nelson, Cole Toothaker, Julia Nelson, Benii Turner