Congratulations to the following students for participating in the Combined League Honor Band this past Monday, Jan. 9th. NHS had:
- the 2nd most representatives of any school in attendance
- the top auditioned players in the clarinet, trumpet, and French horn sections
- the top three (3) seats in the horn section
Well done, everyone – you make NHS proud!
Genevieve Frye, Morgan Chen, Sam Beaudry, Sreeya Kairamkonda, Caleb Carter, Sam Turner, Monica Lehman, Rachel Clark, Luke Nelson, Cole Toothaker, Julia Nelson, Benii Turner
Summer Band Camp is almost here!
Monday, Aug. 1st – Friday, Aug. 12th (weekend excluded) 9am – 3pm at NHS
(Monday, Aug. 1st is for new members and leadership team ONLY. Regular returning members report on Tuesday, Aug. 2nd.)
Bring: water, sunscreen, athletic shoes, lunch, instruments, flip folder, hard-working attitude!
Don’t be late!
Head over to the “Cougar Marching Band” tab to register for a spot in our 2016 Fall show! All members, current and new, must register. Don’t worry – it only takes 2 minutes!!
Head to the Jazz Band tab to see the audition results for next year. Congratulations all who tried out! If you didn’t make it in this year, keep playing and try out again next year!
Join the NHS Bands in an evening of great music making this Tuesday, March 29th at 7pm in the NHS Auditorium as we present our Spring Concert 2016. You’ll hear:
- The Lefthand Jazz Ensemble (Jazz 2) – report time 6:15pm
- The Niwot All-Stars (Jazz 1) – report time 6:15pm
- NHS Symphonic Band – report time 5:15pm, on stage at 5:30pm
Admission is free, but “Niwot Music” refrigerator/car magnets on sale for $10 as well as recordings and group photo (Symphonic Band only). Tell your friends – bring everyone on the block!