New for School Year 2017/2018 is the addition of a 2nd concert band during Spring semester.
- SILVER BAND will be an audition-only group that continues to meet during 1st block.
- GREEN BAND will be for non-auditioned players and will meet during a different block.
Note: Fall band class will continue to meet as one large group. Only during Spring semester will the Silver and Green bands exist.
Students interested in auditioning for placement in SILVER BAND will need to:
- Fill out this google info form
- Email me (email@example.com) an audition consisting of the following:
- Eb major scale (1 or 2 octaves), legato articulation, up and down in 8th notes at quarter = 120.
- Chromatic scale (full range, players determination) slurred in 8th notes at quarter = 120.
- 32 measures of music (band music or other) that showcases your technical skill.
- 32 measures of music (band music or other) that showcases your beautiful tone and ability to play lyrically.
- put your scales and excerpts into one (1) file. Name that file firstname.lastname.instrument (ex. Louis.Armstrong.trumpet). Email it to me.
Auditions are due by Sunday, March 19th at 11:59pm. Email me if you have any questions – good luck!