2nd semester band is divided into two sections:
- SILVER BAND will be an audition-only group that continues to meet during 1st or 5th block.
- GREEN BAND will be for non-auditioned players and will meet during a different block. (TBD)
Students interested in auditioning for placement in SILVER BAND will need to:
- Fill out this google form
- Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) an audition consisting of the following:
- Eb major scale (1 or 2 octaves), legato articulation, up and down in 8th notes at quarter = 120.
- Chromatic scale (full range, players determination) slurred in 8th notes at quarter = 120.
- 32 measures of music (band music or other) that showcases your technical skill.
- 32 measures of music (band music or other) that showcases your beautiful tone and ability to play lyrically.
- put your scales and excerpts into one (1) file. Name that file firstname.lastname.instrument (ex. Louis.Armstrong.trumpet). Email it to me.
Auditions are due by Sunday, March 18th at 11:59pm. Email me if you have any questions – good luck!